Certificate of Deposit
We’ve Got A Certificate of Deposit That’s Right For You
Our Certificates of Deposit offer guaranteed yields, flexibility, and the safety of FDIC insurance. That’s because you lock in a rate that’s guaranteed from the day you open the account until the day it matures. You know exactly what return you’ll get and when you’ll get it.
We offer Certificates of Deposit in a broad range of maturities from 91 days to 60 months. Each of our Certificates of Deposit is designed with a particular goal in mind. Please see our Current Rates. For as little as $500, you can open your own CD.
Your investment is safe because First Bank of Tennessee CDs are backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for up to $250,000 per individual – making them as safe as any investment in the world. Visit any branch or call our helpful staff to help you decide which CD will best meet your needs.
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you make the deposit.
- Interest is calculated using the daily balance.
- Interest does not capitalize on the 91 day CD.
- Interest capitalizes on the 182 day CD at maturity only.
- Some accounts will be automatically renewed at maturity. You have a grace period of ten (10) calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw the funds without being charged a penalty. If you elect a single maturity CD, interest will not accrue after the maturity date
- After the account is opened, you may not make deposits into or withdrawals from the account until the maturity date. Special Certificates of Deposit with various features may be offered from time to time.
- Penalties apply for early withdrawal and may reduce earnings.